Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Small tALk !

(Readers Discretion strongly recommended and am No way trying to sound blasphemous against anyone livng or dead;-)

Well they say an Idle Mind is Devil's workshop !
A couple of days ago I was all the more idle, that the devil had so much time not only to build a workshop but also to continue with production, service and maintenance ! ;-)

And I started thinking about how many a time ppl speak or ask something, because they wanna speak or ask something (despo), and not they really have something to speak or ask ! ( well sorry if that confused u :-s)

Small Talk1:
[In a rest room....]

Hey man, how ru ?? so..what are you doing ??

Me:
(Well Yeah..ahem...u know I came to worship God here ! and luckily I didnt find him :-D)

yeah da...! am doing good. how abt u ?

Small Talk2:
[When I was abt to leave a relatives place...]

"Kanna edhuvume sapadama poriye da??(dear, well u really didnt eat anything at all)"

Me:
(Oh Yeah,I would like to have a double cheese pizza with a capsicum topping;-)

"Thats ok. Thanksss :-s"

Small Talk3:
[In an interview]

"When I see ur performance from 10th standard, I see a sudden dip of grade in ur under graduation? how do u explain that??"

Me:
(Well tht credit goes to Sathyam Multiplex,Ramdas Inn(Bar attached), and the Nayar Chaaya shop opp my college campus...If u could spare me an hour, I would be bringing marksheets right from KG, and I might have a strike rate better than Sourav Ganguly)

"Ya...and I managed to recover in my PG sir ! :-D"

Small Talk4:
[Quite serious, after a death]
"He was fine till yesterday...but suddenly...ippadi sollama kollama(without telling anyone).."

Me:
(ok do gimme ur address or telephone number, next time the God of death rings my door bell, I will courteously inform that am leaving this earth :-(( :-s)

<-- Well..! updates frm fellow bloggers ;-) --> ...

@Bard
My pal : That girl is getting married to a US based guy.
Me: [oh i know that from the day u started eyeing her that she is gonna enter nuptial soon]
..yeah nice to hear naa...

@Ubiquitous
Hey, you look just like your mother...?
Me: [no then, should I look like my neighbour's mom?]
Yeah =)

@Rams
"My! how much u've grown?!"-some distant relative.
Me: [do u realise that humans are born to evolve from foetus to babies to children to adolescents...???]
Yeah :-D

@Jade
..At a cinema theatre ..
Him: 'Where how come here ?'
Me:
[Well I sell Black tickets as part-time..side business u see....and u?? u never told me ur mu competitor]

'Yeah da. Heard this movie is gud'

33 Glances:

Blogger Blue Athena said...

hahahahhahahaha! Neat! :)

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a nice one da! Keep it going. ;o)

10:01 PM  
Blogger Visithra said...

hehehehe the interview was priceless ;)

10:24 PM  
Blogger Anck su Namun said...

SmallTalk 5:
Did you have a haircut ?

Me:
[No buddy, its hair loss]
Yeah, is that obvious ??

As they say "Some people have something to say. Some people have to say something"

Good one ;-)

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 2 cents:
My pal : That girl is getting married to a US based guy.

Me: [oh i know that from the day u started eyeing her that she is gonna enter nuptial soon]..yeah nice to hear naa...

Coool post ice..wish we cud tell whatever we feel..

11:55 PM  
Blogger IcEyeZ said...

@Vishitra,

U had such interviews ?? ;-)

12:21 AM  
Blogger IcEyeZ said...

@Anck su Namun,

Anywayz...I hv still not entered the ages of hairloss ;-)

Hey Bard,

Thanx a lot for sharing the comments da ! :-)...do tell me more if u guyz think of such stuff...LOL !

12:23 AM  
Blogger IcEyeZ said...

Yo veejay...ella unga aashirvadham ;-)

4:40 AM  
Blogger - Ubiquitous - said...

The small talk was BIG fun :D

One more : Hey, you look just like your mother

Me [no then, should I look like my neighbour's mom?]

Me: Yeah =)

Check my post for the fives :P

6:31 AM  
Blogger Ramses said...

:)) lovely one ice;)

"My! how much u've grown?!"-some distant relative.

Me: do u realise that humans are born to evolve from foetus to babies to children to adolescents...???

i can;t possibly freeze time and be teh same i was 18 years ago!

what i actually do: smile![cursing such q's under my breath!]

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha...machi super da. This always happens .. unwanted questions.. LMAO...

SmallTalk N:

..At a cinema theatre ..

Him: 'Where how come here ?'

Me:
[Well I sell Black tickets as part-time..side business u see....and u?? u never told me ur mu competitor]

'Yeah da. Heard this movie is gud'

Hehehe..Cool post daa. :-)

8:11 AM  
Blogger IcEyeZ said...

@ubiquitous,

hahaha...tht made me...ROFL...!!
kewl...

@Ramses,
tht was a good addition, I will update it in the post ;-)

10:31 AM  
Blogger IcEyeZ said...

Hi..Jade...

Well tht has actually happened too !...hmmm so many piled up small talks...here n there :-D

10:32 AM  
Blogger IcEyeZ said...

Hi Arun,

Thanx for the comments :-)

9:46 PM  
Blogger xtremely_insane said...

hehehe
one more .
(when i wake up,yawning)
s: oh u were sleeping eh??
(no,i was playing cricket)
me:uh yeah.

1:05 AM  
Blogger IcEyeZ said...

hahaha...@xtremely insane,
tht was kewl dude :-)

1:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something i remember from college days.

Wake up somebody sleeping and ask him whether he was sleeping.

5:10 AM  
Blogger IcEyeZ said...

Hi Digi,

We do it even today ;-)

5:33 AM  
Blogger cutefreaky said...

lol..nice post....

another one : call up someone's home phone number and ask them where they are ;-)

@ digi.. i do it still..call up someone and ask them whether they were sleeping known it is past their sleeping time

@ ICE : I did not have internet for quite sometime..will do the tag soon

tata
sukku

6:52 PM  
Blogger IcEyeZ said...

@Suk,

Tht was a nice one ! I hav fumbled like tht too ! :-D

11:12 PM  
Blogger IcEyeZ said...

@SilkyMoon,
Howz u ?? Merry Christmas to u too ! :-)..take care !

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was absolutely funny!! Can't seem to get this silly grin off my face now !!! .... (The phone rings in the dead of the night and the caller says-'oh, were you sleepin?'....Me- Oh no.....I was havin a nightmare that someone called me up in the middle of the night when I was in deep sleep.....thanks for makin it come true !!) !!

6:27 AM  
Blogger Eclectic Blogger said...

Nice one.. If I think of anything else, I shall chip in :)

8:40 AM  
Blogger IcEyeZ said...

hahaha...@Rusty....
it is jus many ppl think of such things...but dont end up defying them...

and @eclectic blogger...waiting for ur additions...any time dude :-)

10:05 PM  
Blogger Love you longtime! said...

Exactly! wonder why people just don't 'get it'?

2:16 AM  
Blogger Narsimha said...

LOL.. nice post dude..
i hate these small talks too, its kinda annoying

3:00 AM  
Blogger Whoosh 2 said...

My Manager: I see that u stay till midnight every day and work a lot.. Keep up the good work

Me: [Yeah, right.. what u dont see is that I come to office only at 12 in the afternoon!!]

Thanks Sir! :)

4:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was hilarious...here is my pick:
Remark on seeing me : Aap aa gaye?(Thinking...Nahi abhi aana hai, yeh to mera bhoot hai jo mujhse aage aage chalta hai)
Me:Ji han aa gayi.

On Phone: Auur kya kar rahe ho?
(Thinking...Aapse baat kar rahi hun, aur kya?)
Me:Bus, kuch khas nahi.

5:34 AM  
Blogger - Ubiquitous - said...

Hello iceyez, how've you been?

Just back from a [hectic] holiday :p

Dropped in to say hi =)

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Iceyez :)

lol, nice ones from u n other bloggers s well!!! tc :)

10:20 AM  
Blogger IcEyeZ said...

@Vaibhav,

I hav been tryin to avoid..but still sometimes am jus influenced by those :-D

@Sonu,

Most of the times its so damn funny to me ...;-)

8:58 PM  
Blogger IcEyeZ said...

@MoodsandColors,

I have tried that answer many times...but the responses...were not on expected lines..;-)

9:01 PM  
Blogger IcEyeZ said...

@Ubiquitous,

I am gr8. How abt u ??

@Priya,

Thanks for the comments :).
Also liked ur rewind of the medeival musical times of 1980's in ur blog ! :-)

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home